Thursday, May 29, 2008

PCTR Forest Park 20K - Portland OR

I flew up to Portland this year to try to save some face after getting passed in the last quarter mile last year and coming in second by seconds. This year I switched to the 20K to avoid another beating at the hands of Terry McCormick. But this year, despite racing well (I thought 1:30 for the 20K would be realistic on the hills and still ran 1:28), and leading out all runners for the first mile or two, I wasn't as fast as Thomas Cason, a 1:15 half marathoner from North Carolina. So... second by seconds again.
forestpark20k

I had a great time as usual in Portland though with the kids. Lots of running books picked up at Powell's: the world's greatest bookstore.

2 Comments:

Blogger willgotthardt said...

Great race Adam...awesome photo by gtach, very cool.

Would have preferred that kind of Oregon weather a couple weeks back at Ohlone. It was good to see you again.

Next up for me: PCTR Diablo 50K

Will G.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Adam Blum said...

Dude, you must be kidding, that Ohlone 100+ sun was made for you! I thought it was my kind of weather too. But I was mistaken. Had a great morning training on my private water company trails. Just managed to avoid the sheriff. Epic.

Have fun at Diablo. Sorry to miss it. I'll be eating Tanaka's dust in Wisconsin that day.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home