Sunday, January 13, 2008

More 2007 Retrospective and 2008 Plan

Chihping Fu "tagged" me with a list of questions about the past race season. Its a better format than my original 2007 retrospective post.

1. most memorable moment on the trails
North Face Endurance Challenge 50K in Seattle. A brutal challenging course with over 10K of climbing. It was when "endurance running" seemed to finally click for me. It felt like I could just keep on climbing. I finished wanting more.

2. best new trail discovered
I discovered more new trails surrounding my house in the Los Gatos hills, but those will remain secret. But as far as racecourses, I love the trails and mountains of the White River 50, which I did for the first time this year.

3. best performance
North Face Endurance (second master, seventh overall) was the best ultra. My overall win and masters record at Mount Diablo 8K was probably my best executed race.

4. don't know how I survived without
Support from my crew, at the 50 milers.

5. person who I would most like to meet
Karl Meltzer. He races often. Does very "climby" courses. Doesn't seem to rely purely on footspeed. Writes a great blog.

6. race I am most excited about
My first 100 miler: Kettle Moraine in June.

On that topic, my race schedule for 2008 is shaping up. I'm doing a bunch of local 50Ks until March. Then Napa Valley Marathon on March 2nd, my only road marathon besides Boston. Then off to Kentucky on March 8th to do the Land Between the Lakes 50 Miler and visit with my dad. The next week I'm headed up to Bellingham WA to do Chuckanut (my first ultra last year) again this year.

April is the North Face 50M in Bear Mountain NY, followed by the Boston Marathon. Then Capitol Peak 50M in Olympia, Washington. May is the Quicksilver 50K on my birthday, and then Ohlone 50K the following week (this back to back was admittedly tough last year). After a few weeks rest, in June I'll be flying to Madison, Wisconsin to do Kettle Moraine 100.

After that race, just one more race and I'll be doing Tahoe Rim Trail 100 in July. Then a couple more races in August followed by the Lean Horse 100 in South Dakota. Then trips to DC in September for the North Face Endurance 50 and the Great Eastern Endurance Run. From then on just local lowkey ultras for the rest of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Adam,

Nice Blog!

I share your enthusiasm for the White River 50, which was my first 50 miler! The greatest part was having Scott Jurek dressed in a Wookie costume at the aid station.

I have WR pictures at:
http://bushidorunner.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Sean

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home