Sunday, November 27, 2005

Seattle Marathon - Half Marathon

I raced back from skiing at Crystal Mountain over Thankgiving to sign up for this race on Saturday night (they have snow in Washington, unlike us poor Californians waiting to use our season passes!) I got there just in time, which was good since there was no race day packet pickup, let alone registration.

It was pouring down rain at 6am on Sunday morning on the Eastside. And I had no raingear to run in. I gritted my teeth and drove down to downtown Seattle anyway. I walked over to the race start in front of the Experience Music Project museum. I had some time so I walked up to the Food Court in Seattle Center to get a grande latte.

I have not been running distance recently. So my goal was to clock eight minute miles the whole way, and I hit this almost exactly. I finished in 1:45:05.

There are some reasonably pretty neighborhoods but also a lot of mundane highways. I'm really not convinced that they are showing off the best of Seattle in the route. Overall this is not that memorable a course. Give me a trail any day.

I was trying to do 1:45 even (there were prizes for predicting your time) but I guess my estimate of how long it took me to hit the start line must have been off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home