Sunday, October 30, 2005

University of Washington Dawg Dash - Husky Stadium, Seattle

This is one of the biggest short races I've ever seen. There had to be over one thousand people there. This is a race worth preregistering for. Elizabeth and I spent about twenty minutes waiting in line to register. They gave away nice longsleeve shorts.

After registering outside, you walk back around into Husky Stadium. The 5Kers started out first. We ran halfway around the track and then up out of the stadium. Crossing the road we kept running uphill on the campus. The first mile has some climbing. I clocked it in 6:40. I hit the second mile at 13:10. Maintaining a 6:30 pace I finished in 20:13. If I had done 20 minutes or less I could have had a technical running shirt for free. So... not a great race and I don't have too many excuses. Maybe my body thinks the season is over.

Looking forward to Saturday's race in Woodside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home