Sunday, October 02, 2005

Share for the Shelter Fun Run

I dont know whether this counts as a race (http://www.linxworks.com/sharefortheshelter/) but they did have prizes. This benefit for the Berkeley Animal Shelter was held late Sunday morning in Berkeley Aquatic Park. I had failed to get into Sentinel Triathlon first thing Sunday because I didn't have my packet or my number (didnt have time to go to Santa Cruz on Saturday to get it). So, in desperation for a race and not having time to get to Bridge to Bridge, I drove to Berkeley for this event.

It was a 7.5km course, twice around the lake in the aquatic park. I did the first 3.75k (2.33 miles) in 15:17 (turning comfortable 6:30 miles). I finished in 31:24 and won by several minutes. Good for a $30 gift certificate to Saul's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home