Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sandman Triathlon

I had done a 5K the day before and then a 60 mile ride from Santa Cruz up to my house in the hills and back down. So I was totally exhausted on Sunday.

But I can't resist a beach triathlon so I showed up anyway to treat it as a training day. I arrived at Seacliff State beach in Aptos to a cloudy morning. The water was quite choppy. I had a very rough time staying on course and I think was in the water for 25 minutes (horrible). I took my road bike out on the bike course. I felt exhausted the whole time. But I did enjoy the ride. It finishes with a 4.2 mile run on the beach. I love beach runs, and did manage to turn in a decent finish. Despite my awful swim and slow bike, I finished in 1:46. My goal is 1:35 next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home