Sunday, July 10, 2005

Santa Cruz Sprint Triathlon

This triathlon is held at the Seascape Resort where we do all of our company offsites. I was on vacation with my kids in Santa Cruz through the 9th anyway. So I stayed an extra day and drove down the Seascape Sunday morning.

I got there a bit late and had to scramble down to the beach for the start. It was a beautiful sunny morning with smooth glassy water. I was out of the water and back up the hill to the bike in 26 minutes. The times are very misleading because there's quite a run back up to T1. The 20K bike was through the residential neighborhood around Seascape and into a park just south of it. A nice ride overall. I finished in 39:49.

The 5K run was great: down a hill onto the beach, along the beach for a couple miles and then back up the hill to the field beside Seascape. For some reason I wasnt feeling very competitive that day and I let someone pass me right near the end (unusual for me as I have an ok kick). I said to him afterwards "you just better not be the third place over 40 guy!". Of course, he was. So I finished fourth in my age group, 7 seconds off third.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home